Classic Tanzania Safari
If you’ve long been dreaming of a wildlife safari in the heart of Africa, this stunning trip to Tanzania could be just what you’re after. Join us as we travel to the area’s most famous national parks to experience some of the best game-viewing in Africa. Begin your tour in Tarangire, one of Tanzania’s largest parks, home to herds of elephants and giant baobab trees. From here, we will make our way over the Rift Valley Wall and onto Africa’s most famous game park, the Serengeti. Here, prides of lions roam the vast grasslands in search of food, whilst hundreds of hippo bathe in the Serengeti waters. Visit Olduvai Gorge and a Maasai Village on your way to the Ngorongoro Crater, your final stop on this tour. Home to ‘the big five’, this conservation area in Northern Tanzania is vast and teeming with wildlife; the perfect place to end your Tanzania Safari.
Breath-taking game drives in the Serengeti
Walk around the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater
The chance to see all of the “Big 5”
Day 1 – Arrive Arusha
Day 2 – Arusha / Tarangire
Day 3 – Tarangire
Day 4 – Tarangire / Rift Valley / Serengeti
Day 5 – Serengeti
Day 6 – Serengeti / Ngorongoro Crater
Day 7 – Ngorongoro Crater
Day 8 – Ngorongoro / Arusha
Day 9 – Depart Arusha
WHAT'S INCLUDED ON THE TANZANIA SAFARI
- Accommodation in lodges & permanent tented camps based on sharing a twin room
- All game drives & park entry fees
- Private vehicle
- All meals whilst on safari
- Services of English-speaking local guide throughout
- Olduvai Gorge entry
- At least 1 pair of binoculars per vehicle (but would recommend bringing your own as well)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED ON THE TANZANIA SAFARI
- International flights
- Valid Visa (around USD$50)
- Lunches/Dinners in Arusha
- Tipping guide & driver (the recommended is approx. USD$30-$40 per day per driver/guide – this is split between everyone in the group)
- Small tip to the Ngorongoro walking safari ranger (USD$5 per person is adequate)
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on the Tanzania Safari on payment of a deposit of £250.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
- International flights are not included and will need to be organised separately. Please do not book flights until we give the go-ahead. If you would like flight suggestions or help with booking, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Group Size Maximum 10
Physical Rating Easy (but does include fairly long drives along some bumpy roads)
Currency & Spending Money Tanzanian Shilling / Spending £10 and upwards per day (please note most meals included)
Hosts One of our local guides will be your main point of contact throughout this trip.
Clothing The weather will be hot, so make sure you take light, loose-fitting clothing – this will also help to prevent mosquito bites- and adequate sun protection; hats, sunglasses, sun cream etc. There may be some rain, so it’s advised to take a light rain jacket too, as well as comfortable shoes and sandals.
Health Always seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse before you travel and make sure your vaccinations are up-to-date, especially when travelling to Africa. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations. Mosquito borne diseases such as Malaria and Dengue Fever are present within the country, so make sure you have adequate protection.
Single Supplement £330
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Tanzania before your departure date.