8-Day Southern Morocco Tour
Spend a night under the dazzling stars in the Sahara Desert, be entertained by local musicians in the High Atlas Mountains, explore the souks and medina of charming Marrakech, and visit the backdrop to some of the most famous movies ever made at Ait Benhaddou. This exciting 8-day trip is perfect for all solo travellers looking to get a taste of Southern Morocco. We’ll start things off in mystical Marrakech, home of street foods stalls, entertainers and meandering souks. From here we’ll head west to the popular coastal town of Essaouira for a night and experience a wonderful sunset on the beach. The next day we’ll be travelling to the High Atlas Mountains for a local experience with the Amazigh people before heading into the Sahara Desert for an amazing camel ride over the Erg Chebbi dunes at sunset. After spending a night under the stars in the desert, we’ll travel to Dades Gorge, a beautiful area with stunning scenery, before heading to the UNESCO site of Ait Benhaddou, where many famous movies have been filmed. Finish your Southern Morocco tour where you started, in bustling Marrakech.
Enjoy an evening of entertainment in the Atlas Mountains
Explore the popular Moroccan cities of Marrakech & Essaouira
DISCOVER THE UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE OF AIT BENHADDOU
Day 1 – Arrive Marrakech
Day 2 – Marrakech / Essaouira
Day 3 – Essaouira / Atlas Mountains
Day 4 – Atlas Mountains / Agdz
Day 5 – Agdz / Sahara Erg Chebbi Dunes
Day 6 – Sahara / Merzouga / Dades Gorge
Day 7 – Dades Gorge / Ouarzazate / Marrakech
Day 8 – Depart Marrakech
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE SOUTHERN MOROCCO TOUR
- Sharing a twin room at 3-star hotels, riads & guesthouses with breakfast
- 1x night in the Sahara Camp
- Transportation in private vehicles through (excludes airport transfers)
- Local English-speaking guide throughout
- Evening entertainment in the mountains
- Camel ride in the desert
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on the Southern Morocco Tour on payment of a deposit of £150.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
- International flights are not included and will need to be organised separately. Please do not book flights until we give the go-ahead. If you would like flight suggestions or help with booking, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Group Size Between 12-16
Physical Rating Easy
Currency & Spending Money Moroccan Dirham / Spending £25 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our local guides will be your main point of contact throughout the trip. They will meet you at the airport and stay with you for the duration of the tour. Our guides are very knowledgeable, if you need anything at all, just ask them!
Clothing During the summer months of May through September, the weather will be hot, so pack light, loose-fitting clothing and comfortable shoes. You will also need to cover your arms and legs at religious sites, so make sure you have long trousers and tops with long sleeves. In the cooler months, the daytime temperatures are still pretty warm, but it can get cold at night, especially in the desert. So if you are travelling between November and March, it’s recommended to take some warm layers with you.
Health Always seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse before you travel and make sure your vaccinations are up-to-date, especially when travelling to Africa. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations.
Single Supplement £150
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Morocco before your departure date.
Driving Please be aware that this trip involves a lot of driving because of the amount of places we visit. Most days will involve some driving, and some days these drives will be quite long, but it does mean that you will see a lot of the country in a relatively short period of time!