Stunning 6-day Serbia Tour
SERBIA TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
Experience one of the most fun countries in Eastern Europe with other Solo Travellers on this stunning 7-day Serbia tour. Start your journey at the heart of it all in Belgrade, one of the most happening cities in Europe. Travel to the beautiful mountain region of Zlatibor, where tradition and hospitality are second to none. Take an awe-inspiring train journey through Mokra Gora’s rugged gorges. Marvel at Tara National Park’s stunning mountain scenery. And enjoy historical monuments and local wine in town of Topola. Make the most of the August Bank Holiday Weekend this year and get booking your trip to stunning Serbia.
Price from: £699.00
22 Aug – 28 Aug 2018
Day 1 – Arrive Belgrade
Upon arrival in Belgrade you will make your way to the hotel for check-in, which will be from 2pm. You will then have the rest of the day free. A dinner will be arranged for your first night in Serbia.
Day 2 – Belgrade / Novi Sad
After breakfast at the hotel, you will begin a city tour of Belgrade. After lunch, you will travel roughly 1-hour north, to the creative city of Novi Sad where you can spend the afternoon wandering around the pretty parks and stopping for coffee or exploring the numerous galleries. Overnight in Belgrade.
Day 3 – Belgrade / Topola / Oplenac / Zlatibor
After breakfast at the hotel, you will depart for Topola, a town situated on the slopes of Oplenac. Here you can see the Church of St. George, which was built as a temple and mausoleum of the Karadjordjevic Royal Family. After lunch, continue your journey to Zlatibor, a beautiful mountainous region with strong traditions and great hospitality. Overnight in Zlatibor.
Day 4 – Zlatibor / Mokra Gora
After breakfast at the hotel, begin your tour to the village of Mokra Gora. Once you have explored the village, you will board the famous dinky train for a ride along an exciting section of narrow gorge line, a line which once connected Belgrade with Sarajevo. Next, you will visit the ‘ethno village’ in Sirogojno before heading back to Zlatibor where you will spend the night.
Day 5 – Zlatibor / Uvac
After breakfast, you will depart to Zlatar Mountain, a mountain in south west Serbia above the city of Nova Varos, 270km away from Belgrade. It is surrounded by rivers Lim, Uvac, Milesevska and Bistrica. This nature reserve, with it’s wonderful scenery and clear waters, rich with fish, is the perfect place to take a boat ride on the River Uvac. Afterwards, proceed to Zlatibor Mountain for free time and individual activities. Overnight in Zlatibor.
Day 6 – Zlatibor / Tara National Park / Bajina Basta / Belgrade
After breakfast, you will depart for the Tara National Park. From here, continue to Bajina Basta to visit a Rakia Distillery, where you can taste the local brandy with snacks. Continue to Belgrade, where you will spend the night.
Day 7 – Depart Belgrade
After breakfast, you will have free time in Belgrade until you depart for the airport for international flights.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE SERBIA TOUR
- Private transport
- Sightseeing as per above itinerary
- English-speaking local guide throughout
- Sharing a twin room at 3-star hotels with breakfast
- Entrance fees
- Brandy tasting at Rakia Distillery
- Train ticket for Mokra Gora
- If travelling from the UK, please get in touch to check if flights included in our offer price
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on the Serbia Tour on payment of a deposit of £150.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
- Flights are not included in the price of this tour and will need to be organised separately. If you would like flight recommendations or need help with booking, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Please do not book flights until we have given the go-ahead.
Trip Type Explore
Group Size Between 12-16
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Serbian Dinar / Spending £30 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our UK based hosts will be accompanying you on this trip and will be your main point of contact throughout. Our hosts will organise dinners and anything else you might need, to ensure you have the best holiday. You will also have local guides in each of the cities, so if you need local, insider knowledge – they’re the ones to ask!
Clothing In Serbia, the winters are cold and the summers are hot, so you can expect warm temperatures and sunshine at this time of year. We also recommend taking comfortable shoes.
Health Always seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse a minimum of 8 weeks before your scheduled departure date.
Single Supplement £259
Find out more about this exciting country and all that it has to offer!