6-Day Sahara Desert and Morocco Tour
MOROCCO TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
Ever wanted to sleep in a tent made of camel hair in the middle of the Sahara desert? We thought so… this amazing 6 day trip is for you! Starting with a night in magical Marrakech, the following day you’ll enjoy incredible mountain scenery as you travel through the Atlas Mountains to Dades Gorge, stopping on the way to take a tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou, the backdrop to many Hollywood movies. Travel to Merzouga for a camel ride over the stunning Erg Chebbi dunes at sunset, sleep in a traditional tent under the stars for the night, and wake up to a beautiful desert sunrise. Continue your journey to Ouarzazate, the city known as the gateway to the Sahara. Finish this Morocco tour where you started, in mystical Marrakech, snake charmers, story tellers and all…
✔ Spend a night under the stars in the Sahara Desert
✔ Camel trek to the top of the Erg Chebbi dunes for a stunning sunset
✔ Explore the endless alleyways and architectural delights in Marrakech
✔ Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou
Day 1 – Arrive Marrakech
Day 2 – Marrakech / Dades Gorge
Day 3 – Dades Gorge / Merzouga
Day 4 – Merzouga / Ouarzazate
Day 5 – Ouarzazate / Marrakech
Day 6 – Depart Marrakech
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE MOROCCO TOUR
- Sharing a twin room in 3 star hotels with breakfast
- One night in Traditional Berber tent
- Dinner whilst in the Sahara
- City tour of Marrakech
- English speaking guides
- 90 minute camel ride
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved for the Morocco tour on payment of a deposit of £150.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Flights are not included in the cost of this trip and will need to be booked separately. Please do not book flights until we have given the go-ahead. Feel free to ask us if you need any help with booking.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
Trip Type Discover
Group Size Between 10-14
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Moroccan Dirhams / Spending £25 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our hosts will meet you at the hotel upon your arrival, and will be your main point of contact throughout the trip. Our hosts will organise dinners and anything else you might need, to ensure you have the best holiday.
Clothing Morocco is generally very hot and sunny and is regarded as a year-round destination, but depending on when you’re visiting it can get cold at night – especially in the desert. So if you are travelling between November and March, we recommend taking something warm to sleep in during your night in the desert. Thick, warm blankets will be provided. You will also need comfortable shoes as there will be a lot of walking when you are in Marrakech.
Health Always seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse a minimum of 8 weeks before you travel and make sure your vaccinations are up to date. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations.
Single Supplement £150 (Please note the single room option is not available for your night in the desert)
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Morocco before your departure date.
Earlier this year, the lovely Kate Langton joined the Solo Travellers community for the first time on one of our trips to Morocco. Check out her write up of the expectations, impressions and everything in between! Why did you choose Solo Travellers and what made you...