Royal Rajasthan Tour with Mumbai Extension
For those looking to discover an India beyond the Taj Mahal, this 2-week trip through the heart of Rajasthan could be just what you’re after. Join other Solo Travellers in Jaipur, Rajasthan’s chaotic but charming capital, and explore the stunning Amber Fort and Maharajah’s City Palace. Depending on the time of year, Jaipur is also the place to get involved with the world-famous Holi Festival of Colours and its unique celebrations. The next stop on your tour will be at the ‘golden city’ of Jaisalmer, located in the heart of the Thar Desert, it’s the perfect place for a camel ride at sunset. Travelling east, you’ll reach the stunning ‘blue city’ of Jodhpur, where everything really is blue! And no trip to this fascinating city would be complete without a visit to the mighty Mehrangarh Fort – one of the largest in India. From here, we’ll be travelling to one of the most picturesque cities in Rajasthan; Udaipur. With Lake Pichola as a back-drop, the beauty of this city will truly take your breath away. Finish up your tour in bustling Mumbai; the gateway to India.
Explore the golden city of Jaisalmer in the heart of the Thar Desert
Camel ride over the Sam Sand Dunes at sunset
Visit the stunning blue city of Jodhpur, home to one of the largest forts in India
Day 1 – Arrive Jaipur
Day 2 – Jaipur
Day 3 – Jaipur & Holi Celebrations
Day 4 – Jaipur
Day 5 – Jaipur / Bikaner
Day 6 – Bikaner / Jaisalmer
Day 7 – Jaisalmer
Day 8 – Jaisalmer / Jodhpur
Day 9 – Jodhpur / Udaipur
Day 10 – Udaipur
Day 11 – Udaipur / Mumbai
Day 12 – Mumbai
Day 13 – Mumbai
Day 14 – Depart Mumbai
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE ROYAL RAJASTHAN TOUR
- Sharing a twin room at 3-star hotels with breakfast
- Transportation in private vehicles throughout
- English-speaking local guide throughout
- All tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- 1x Domestic flights between Udaipur & Mumbai
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THE ROYAL RAJASTHAN TOUR
- International flights to/from India
- Optional excursions throughout trip
- Lunches & dinners
- Visa to India
- Tipping of guides and drivers
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on the Morocco Highlights Tour on payment of a deposit of £150.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
- International flights are not included and will need to be organised separately. Please do not book flights until we give the go-ahead. If you would like flight suggestions or help with booking, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Group Size Maximum 12
Physical Rating Easy
Currency & Spending Money Indian Rupee / Spending £25 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our experienced local guides will be your main point of contact throughout this trip.
Clothing Travelling in March, the weather will be hot during the day but cooler at night, so pack light, loose-fitting clothing and comfortable shoes, as well as layers for the evenings. You will also need to cover your arms and legs at religious sites, so make sure you have long trousers and tops with long sleeves. If you’re travelling in the cooler month of October, the daytime temperatures are still pretty warm, but it can get cold at night. So if you are travelling in October, it’s recommended to take some warm layers with you.
Health Always seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse before you travel and make sure your vaccinations are up-to-date, especially when travelling to Asia. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations.
Single Supplement £299
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for India before your departure date.
Driving Please be aware that this trip involves a lot of driving because of the amount of places we visit. We have included estimated driving times in the itinerary.