Land of Legends Romania Tour
ROMANIA TOUR OVERVIEW
Wander down endless cobbled streets as you marvel at the fairy-tale like architecture on this incredible 4-night trip through Romania’s Land of Legends. Enjoy the museums and trendy cafes of Romania’s capital, Bucharest. Explore Dracula’s Castle, dating back to the beginning of the 13th century. Spooky! Eat great food and people watch in the enchanting town of Brasov and fall in love with Sighisoara, a pretty fairy-tale town and birth place to one of history’s great monsters, The Impaler. Finish up this legendary Romania tour in bohemian Sibiu, Europe’s Capital of Culture in 2007.
Price from: £699.00
New Dates to be Confirmed
Day 1 – Arrive Bucharest
Upon arrival, proceed to your hotel for check-in. A welcome dinner will be arranged for the first night of your Romania tour.
Day 2 – Bucharest
After breakfast at the hotel, you will begin a sightseeing tour of Bucharest. This will include visits to the Parliament Palace, built during Ceausescu’s dictatorship, the former Royal Palace, now the art museum, the Athenaeum, Romania’s most famous concert hall, the Revolution Square, where the 1989 anti-Communist revolt went nationwide, and also the Arch of Triumph, Press Square, the National Theatre, the Opera House and the Patriarchal Church. Overnight in Bucharest.
Day 3 – Bucharest / Brasov
After breakfast at the hotel you will begin the journey to Brasov, through the Prahova Valley stopping to visit the Peles Castle in Sinaia on the way. Continue on to Bran Castle, widely known as Dracula’s Castle, which was built at the beginning of the 13th century by Knight Dietrich. In the afternoon, you will arrive at Brasov, the second largest city in Romania. The symbol of this city is the Black Church, with its imposing Gothic architecture. Overnight in Brasov.
Day 4 – Brasov / Sighisoara / Sibiu
After breakfast, you will visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sighisoara, Europe’s best preserved medieval town. The town’s most famous attraction is the Clock Tower, built in the 14th century, its seven-foot-thick walls were used to store ammunition, food, and the city’s treasures. Other highlights include the Guild Tower, Venetian House, Vlad the Impaler’s House, Antler House, Hill Church, and Hermann Oberth Square. In the afternoon you will drive through the old Saxon region to Sibiu, voted European Capital of Culture in 2007. This gem in Romania’s culture will entice you with its cobbled streets and baroque squares as you explore highlights such as the Defence Wall, the Powder Mill Tower and the Brukental Palace amongst others. Dinner will be arranged for your last night in Romania. Overnight in Sibiu.
Day 5 – Sibiu / Depart Bucharest
After breakfast at the hotel you will have some free time in the morning to further explore the beautiful town of Sibiu. You will then be transferred back to Bucharest in order to catch international flights home.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE ROMANIA TOUR
- Sharing a twin room at three star hotels with breakfast
- English speaking guides in Bucharest, Brasov and Sibiu
- All tours as mentioned in itinerary
- Entrance fees as mentioned in itinerary
- Transportation in private vehicles (excludes airport transfers)
- If travelling from the UK, please get in touch to check if flights included in our offer price
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved for the Romania tour on payment of a deposit of £150.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
- International flights are not included in the price of the tour and will need to be booked separately. Please get in touch if you would like suggestions or need help with booking. Do not book flights until we have confirmed your place on the tour and given the go-ahead.
Trip Type Cultural
Group Size Between 12 – 16
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Romanian Leu / Spending £15 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our hosts will meet you at the airport before departure, and will be your main point of contact throughout the trip. Our hosts will organise dinners and anything else you might need, to ensure you have the best holiday.
Clothing The weather at this time of year will be very pleasant, warm in the days but chillier at night so take a jumper for the evenings. Bring comfortable shoes.
Health There are no major health dangers in Romania and you will not be required to have any vaccinations. You should always seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse before you travel and make sure your vaccinations are up to date. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations.
Single Supplement £125
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Romania before your departure date.