10-Day Beautiful Borneo Tour
BORNEO TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
This exotic excursion to Malaysia’s Borneo is perfect for any solo traveller looking for an adventure! We’ll visit some of the beautiful islands that dot the coastline, discover the exciting cities of Kota Kinabalu and Sandakan, go on some beautiful hikes to take in the stunning surroundings and of course, no visit to Borneo would be complete without seeing the orangutans! We will start our Beautiful Borneo tour in Kota Kinabalu. Here, we’ll be visiting the Mari-Mari Cultural Village to discover the traditional ways of the tribes people, we’ll snorkel around the stunning Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park, trek St. Veronica’s Hill at sunrise, soak in the sulphur rich waters of the Poring Hot Spring, and take a sunset cruise around the islands of North Borneo. The second half of our tour will be spent near Sandakan, deep in the jungle, where we’ll hope to see wild orangutans, Proboscis monkeys, and maybe even a rare Pygmy elephant. On our last day we’ll visit the Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre to learn about the work being done and of course see the orphaned orangutans at feeding time! So if you’re a nature lover, beach enthusiast or enjoy hiking for spectacular views – this one’s for you!
Snorkel in the crystal clear waters of the Tunku Abdul Rahmen National Park
Hike St. Veronica’s Hill at sunrise for amazing views of Mount Kinabalu
Take a sunset river cruise around the islands of North Borneo
Chance to see the Proboscis Monkeys and other animals in the rainforest
Day 1 - Arrive Kota Kinabalu (Sabah, Borneo)
Day 2 - Mari Mari Cultural Village / Kota Kinabalu City Tour (B,L)
Day 3 - Fun Boat Snorkeling & Island Visit (B)
Day 4 - Sunrise Hike / Nabalu Market / Viewing Point Mount Kinabalu / Kundasang War Memorial (B,L,D)
Day 5 - Kinabalu National Park / Poring Hot Spring & Canopy Walk (B,L,D)
Day 6 - Free Day / North Borneo Sunset Dinner Cruise (B,D)
Day 7 – Kota Kinabalu / Sandakan / Gomantong Cave / Kinabatangan River Cruise (B,L,D)
Day 8 - Oxbow Lake / Optional Jungle Trekking (B,L,D)
Day 9 - Sepilok Orang Utan / Sandakan City Tour (B,L)
Day 10 - Depart Sandakan (B)
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE BORNEO TOUR
- Sharing a twin room at a mix of 4-star hotels and forest lodges
- Domestic flights within Malaysia
- All tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B,L,D)
- All transportation as mentioned in the itinerary (excluding airport transfers)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THE BORNEO TOUR
- International flights
- Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water
- Travel Insurance
- Tipping of guides and drivers
- Optional activities
- Up to eight weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on our Beautiful Borneo tour on payment of a deposit of £250.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 8 weeks before travel.
- International flights into and out of Borneo are not included in the cost of the tour and will need to be organised separately. Please get in touch for recommended flights, and do not book anything until we give the go-ahead.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
Group Size Between 5-12
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Malaysian Ringgits / Spending £20 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our local guides will be your main point of contact throughout this trip. They will be on hand to answer any of your questions, help arrange anything additional that you wish to do on your free days, and generally ensure you have a great time!
Clothing The weather will be very hot in the day with high temperatures as well as high humidity, so make sure you pack plenty of light, loose-fitting clothes. This will also help to keep mosquito bites at bay. Please bring comfortable walking shoes or trainers as well as sandals as there will be a decent amount of walking throughout, as well as a couple of treks.
Other Useful Items A head torch, mosquito repellent, sunscreen, a hat, a micro-fibre towel, long-sleeved tops and light trousers for the evenings, binoculars, good camera with a long lens.
Health UK health authorities have classified Malaysia as having a risk of Zika virus transmission, so make sure to always protect yourself from mosquito bites. There is a low to very low risk of Malaria throughout Malaysian Borneo. We recommend you seek medical advice from your local GP or travel nurse a minimum of 8 weeks before departure and make sure all your vaccinations are up to date. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations. This will also allow time for you to have any inoculations that you may require.
Single Supplement £349
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Malaysia before your departure date.