Beautiful Bergen & The Fjords of Norway
BERGEN TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
Surrounded by marvellous mountains and famous fjords, the city of Bergen is a place of real beauty. Join other Solo Travellers on this long weekend in one of Norway’s most picturesque destinations. Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Bryggen, full of old cobbled streets and colourful wooden houses along the waterfront. Take the Fløibanen Funicular to the top of one of Bergen’s many hills for spectacular views over the city. And of course, journey through the awe-inspiring Fjords of Norway by boat. This incredible city is also known for its local food and art scenes – hungry culture vultures rejoice!
Take the funicular to the top of Mount Floyen for amazing views of the city
Discover the colourful UNESCO harbour area of Bryggen
Free day for hiking or exploring the city
Day 1 – Arrive Bergen
Day 2 – Bergen
Day 3 – Bergen & The Fjords
Day 4 – Depart Bergen
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE BERGEN & FJORDS OF NORWAY TOUR
- Sharing a twin room on a bed and breakfast basis at a three-star hotel
- City tour of Bergen
- Full-day round-trip Fjord Cruise from Bergen
- Transportation throughout trip (excludes airport transfers)
- If travelling from the UK, please get in touch to check if flights included in our offer price
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved for the Bergen & Fjords of Norway trip on payment of a deposit of £150.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
- Flights are not included and will need to be booked separately. Please get in touch for suggested flights or if you would like help with booking. Please do not book flights until we have given the go-ahead to do so.
Group Size Between 12-16
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Norwegian Krone / Spending £40 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our hosts will meet you at the hotel when you arrive, and will be your main point of contact throughout the trip. Our hosts will organise dinners and anything else you might need, to ensure you have the best holiday. During the city tour, you will have an experienced local guide; please ask them if you have any specific questions about the local area, restaurant recommendations, etc.
Clothing Even if you are travelling during the summer months, take warm clothes with you as well as summery things – it is Norway after all, and it does get chilly on the boat trip through the fjords. We also advise comfortable walking shoes and a light rain jacket or umbrella. If you intend on going hiking, make sure you have a hat and adequate sun protection, as despite the temperature, the sun can still be quite strong – even through the clouds.
Health You shouldn’t need any inoculations for travel in Norway, but it’s always good to seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse before you travel and make sure your vaccinations are up to date. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations.
Single Supplement £199
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Norway before your departure date.