Northern Lights Tour with Optional Dog Sledding in Tromso
If you’ve been dreaming of catching a glimpse of the Northern Lights, this is the perfect Solo Travellers trip for you. On this magical trip to Tromso, Northern Norway, you can enjoy activities such as dog sledding, whale watching, and cross country skiing. The trip also includes an interesting city tour of Tromso itself, and of course, a chance to marvel at the incredible Aurora Borealis on the Northern Lights tour. Pack your warmest winter clothes, because this is a chilly one!
Prices from £599.00
Day 1 – Arrive Tromso
Upon arrival in Tromso, proceed to the hotel for check-in. Dinner will be arranged for your first night in Norway.
Day 2 – Tromso / Northern Lights Tour
After breakfast, you will begin a city tour of Tromso. You will have the rest of the day free to do as you please, and then an early evening departure will take you out on the Northern Lights Tour.
Day 3 – Dog Sledding / Tromso
Today’s optional activity is highly recommendable. To begin with, you will be driven to Camp Tamok, a 75-minute drive from Tromso, after which you will be the one doing the driving… dog sledding! Driving the dog sled by yourselves through beautiful white landscapes, surrounded by mountains and some very friendly huskies. Returning to Tromso early evening, this is a full day tour with the pooches if you choose to partake. Dinner to be arranged in the evening.
Day 4 – Depart Tromso
After breakfast you will have some free time depending on your flight schedule. Proceed to Tromso Airport for international flights.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- Sharing a twin room at a three star hotel with breakfast
- All transportation in heated private vehicles (excludes airport transfers)
- Tromso City Tour
- Northern Lights Safari
- If travelling from the UK, please get in touch to check if flights included in our offer price
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved for the Tromso & Northern Lights tour on payment of a deposit of £100.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
- International flights are not included in the price and will need to be organised separately. Do not book flights until we have given the go-ahead. If you would like flight recommendation or need help with booking, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Trip Type Natural Wonder
Group Size Between 12 – 16
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Norwegian Krone / Spending £40 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our hosts will meet you at the airport before departure, and will be your main point of contact throughout the trip. Our hosts will organise dinners and anything else you might need, to ensure you have the best holiday.
Clothing Be advised that temperatures will reach below freezing on these trips, so you will need lots of layers and sensible, waterproof shoes.
Health You shouldn’t need any inoculations for travel to Norway, but it’s always good to seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse before you travel and make sure your vaccinations are up to date. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations.
Single Supplement £150
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Norway before your departure date.
Dog Sledding Please let us know if you are interested in partaking in the dog sledding and we will arrange this for you.