Incredible 12-Day Namibian Safari
NAMIBIA SAFARI HIGHLIGHTS
Join other Solo Travellers on our Namibian Safari and discover everything this fascinating country has to offer. You’ll be camping all over the place to explore some of the most stunning landscapes in Southern Africa, spot endless wildlife, and climb the dunes of the Namib Desert at sunrise. Start your 12-day Namibian Safari Tour in the country’s capital, Windhoek, before travelling north to Etosha National Park, home to lions, black rhinos, elephants and giraffes. Continue your journey to Damaraland, Namibia’s most beautiful desert region, where you will see ancient rock engravings and catch a glimpse of the country’s highest mountain. Take a break from camping in Namibia’s premier seaside town, Swakopmund, famous for its delicious seafood restaurants. And finally, finish this unforgettable tour with a trip to the Namib Desert to walk amongst the world’s tallest sand dunes.
Climb to the top of Dune 45 to watch the most spectacular desert sunrise
Visit the Africat Foundation where rescued big cats are being rehabilitated
Discover the ancient bushmen’s rock engravings at Twyfelfontein
Relax and revitalise in Namibia’s premier coastal town, Swakopmund
Day 1 – Arrive Windhoek
Day 2 – Windhoek / Okonjima Nature Reserve (B,L,D)
Day 3 – Okonjima / Etosha National Park (B,L,D)
Day 4 – Etosha National Park (B,L,D)
Day 5 – Etosha National Park / Damaraland (B,L,D)
Day 6 – Damaraland (B,L,D)
Day 7 – Damaraland / Swakopmund (B,L)
Day 8 – Swakopmund (B)
Day 9 – Swakopmund / Sesriem (B,L,D)
Day 10 – Sossusvlei (B,L,D)
Day 11 – Sesriem / Windhoek (B,L)
Day 12 – Depart Windhoek (B)
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- 4x nights in hotels based on two people sharing
- 7x nights camping based on two people sharing (single supplement not available)
- All transportation
- Meals as indicated in itinerary (B,L,D)
- All camping equipment
- Park entrance fees
- Camping fees
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Camp Assistant
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- International flights
- Sleeping bag (can be hired)
- Pillow (you will need to bring your own)
- Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water
- Travel Insurance
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on payment of a deposit of £250.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- International flights into and out of Namibia are not included in the cost of the tour and will need to be organised separately. Please get in touch for recommended flights, and do not book anything until we give the go-ahead.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
Group Size Between 12-16
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Namibian Dollars / Spending £5 a day on water and supplies + spending money for optional activities and dinners in Swakopmund.
Hosts One of our local guides will be your main point of contact throughout this trip. You will also be accompanied by one of our camp assistants who will cook dinner every night, help you put your tents up and generally be a hero for the duration of your tour.
Clothing The weather will be incredibly hot in the day with temperatures reaching 40° so make sure you pack plenty of light, loose-fitting clothes. Please also bring closed shoes as well as sandals – walking on sand that’s been sitting in 40° heat is not a good idea.
Other Useful Items A head torch, a pillow, mosquito repellent, sunscreen, a hat, a micro-fibre towel, long-sleeved tops and light trousers for the evenings, binoculars, good camera with a long lens.
Health Malaria is present in the far north of the country, so please seek medical advice from your local GP or travel nurse a minimum of 8 weeks before departure and make sure your vaccinations are up to date. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations. This will also allow time for you to have any inoculations that you may require.
Single Supplement Not available for this trip.
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Namibia before your departure date.
When we finally found two seconds to pin her down, we Caught Up with Kate about her latest trip to Namibia which saw her go on one of the tours available through Solo Travellers. Here’s what she had to say! What were your pre departure expectations? I was hoping to...