Long Weekend in Stunning Florence with San Gimignano & Siena
Known for its stunning architecture, delicious Tuscan cuisine and designer boutiques, Florence is the place to wander the streets, admire your surroundings, stuff your face, and shop till you drop. Join other Solo Travellers on this wonderful 5-day trip to one of Italy’s stand-out cities. As well as being the birth place of the Italian Renaissance, Florence is also surrounded by some equally beautiful towns and cities. During the trip, you will travel to the stunning city of Siena, home to some of the most magnificent medieval architecture in Italy, as well as the walled town of San Gimignano, picturesquely located amongst the rolling Tuscan hills. And of course, Pisa, in case you wanted to visit the famous leaning tower! This long weekend in Florence has it all… so what are you waiting for?
Sightseeing in stunning Florence
Day trips to San Gimignano & Siena
Free time to explore the surrounding Tuscan countryside
Day 1 - Arrive Florence
Upon arrival, you will need to make your way to your hotel. Check-in will be from 2pm. Today is an arrival day so there are no planned activities; you are free to spend the day as you wish! Dinner will be arranged with the group for the evening to kick-start your long weekend in Florence!
Day 2 - Florence Sightseeing
After breakfast at the hotel, you will begin a sightseeing tour of Florence. Highlights will include Ponte Vecchio, Piazza Della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, Duomo and Piazza Della Republica. The rest of the afternoon will be spent at your leisure for more sightseeing or shopping. Dinner will be arranged for the evening.
Day 3 - Florence Free Day
After breakfast at the hotel you will have the rest of the day at your leisure. You can stay in beautiful Florence and relax, or explore the surrounding the Tuscan Countryside. Overnight in Florence.
Day 4 - San Gimignano & Siena
After breakfast, you will travel south to the city of Siena, home to magnificent medieval architecture and then on to walled town of San Gimignano. Highlights will include the Basilica di San Domenico, Piazza Salimbeni, Piazza del Campo, Duomo, Torre Cugnanesi, Via San Giovanni and the Piazza Della Cisterna. Overnight in Florence.
Day 5 - Depart Florence
Your long weekend in Florence has sadly come to an end! After breakfast at the hotel you will have the day free for any last-minute sightseeing and shopping! You are free to depart anytime today.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- Sharing a twin room at a 3-star hotel with buffet breakfast
- City tour of Florence
- Day trip to Siena & San Gimignano
- English-speaking local guides for tours
- Solo Travellers representative to stay with the group throughout
- If travelling from the UK, please get in touch to check if flights are included in our offer price
- Up to eight weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on the Long Weekend in Florence tour on payment of a deposit of £150.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 8 weeks before travel.
- International flights into and out of Italy are not included in the cost of the tour and will need to be organised separately. Please get in touch for recommended flights, and do not book anything until we give the go-ahead.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
Trip Type City Break
Group Size Between 5-16
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Euros / Spending £40 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our hosts will meet you at the hotel when you arrive, and will be your main point of contact throughout the trip. Our hosts will organise dinners and anything else you might need, to ensure you have the best holiday. During the city tours and day trips, you will have experienced local guides; please ask them if you have any specific questions about the local area, restaurant recommendations, etc.
Clothing The weather will be hot in the day with temperatures cooling down at night so take both light, loose-fitting clothing as well as a few layers. Please also bring comfortable walking shoes or trainers. And we hate to say it.. but a light rain jacket is never a bad idea!
Health You shouldn’t need any inoculations for travel to Italy, but it is always best to seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse before you travel and make sure your vaccinations are up to date. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations.
Single Supplement £199
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Italy before your departure date.