Long Weekend in AmsterdamWith a day trip to Rotterdam...
AMSTERDAM TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
Discover two great Dutch cities on this perfect 3-night Netherland’s getaway. We’ll be based in Amsterdam, the city of cycles, from where we can easily explore the country’s second city, Rotterdam. Amsterdam is known for its Golden Age canals, picturesque bridges and extensive collection of art at museums such as the Van Gogh, Rijksmuseum and the Hermitage. Travel around the city on foot, by bike, or by boat – all offer different perspectives on this floating masterpiece that’s home to more canals than Venice! Rotterdam is known for its innovative architecture and cool café culture. Spend a day exploring or relaxing in this contemporary city and really make the most of your time in the Netherlands.
Guided walking tour to discover the city
Enjoy a day trip to innovative Rotterdam
Admire the views as you cruise along Amsterdam’s canals
Day 1 – Arrive Amsterdam
Upon arrival, you should make your way to the hotel for check-in, which will be from 2pm onwards. This evening you can join your tour leader and the rest of the group for dinner to get to know your fellow travellers!
Day 2 – Amsterdam Walking Tour & Canal Cruise
After breakfast at the hotel, we’ll begin our sightseeing tour of laid-back Amsterdam. We’ll wander the picturesque streets of Jordaan, cross many of the city’s beautiful bridges and winding waterways and discover Amsterdam’s medieval centre. In the late afternoon we will take a cruise along the canals, admiring the pretty houses and the 17th century UNESCO protected canal belt. Overnight in Amsterdam.
Day 3 – Rotterdam Day Trip
Today we will be taking a day trip to the Netherlands’ second city, Rotterdam, a city known for its spectacular modern architecture and being home to the largest port in Europe. When we arrive, we’ll be given a walking tour and then the rest of the day will be spent at your leisure to explore this innovative city at your own pace. This evening you can join your tour leader for a final dinner in Amsterdam.
Day 4 – Depart Amsterdam
Today will be spent at your leisure in Amsterdam. We recommend visiting the impressive Van Gogh Museum if you’re feeling arty, Anne Frank’s house for a sobering reminder of recent European history, or one of the city’s many outdoor food markets. You could also rent a bike for the day and cycle around the city (everybody in Amsterdam cycles – it’s one of the best ways to get around!). If you want to get out of the city, a 30-minute train ride takes you to Bloemendaal, where you can relax on the white sand beach or in one of the many bars lining the shore. You are free to depart Amsterdam at anytime today.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- Sharing a twin room at a 3-star hotel with breakfast
- City tour of Amsterdam
- Canal cruise
- Day trip to Rotterdam
- English-speaking local guide for city tours + one of our Solo Travellers hosts to accompany the group throughout the trip
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- International Flights (if travelling from the UK please get in touch to check if flights are included in our offer price)
- Travel Insurance
- Lunches & Dinners
- Tipping & other personal expenses
- Entrance fees during leisure time
- Up to eight weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on payment of a deposit of £150.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 8 weeks before travel.
- International flights into and out of The Netherlands are not included in the cost of the tour and will need to be organised separately. Please get in touch for recommended flights, and do not book anything until we give the go-ahead.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.