Journey to Tibet
Join other solo travellers as you embark upon one of our most adventurous travelling excursions yet; our Journey to Tibet tour. This once in a lifetime experience to the ‘roof of the world’ is not to be missed. Expect stunning landscapes, awe-inspiring mountain scenery, magical monasteries and friendly locals to rival anywhere you’ve ever been before. Begin your journey in Chinese Chengdu, the home of the panda, where you’ll take a breath-taking train ride to Lhasa, the Tibetan capital. Whilst in Lhasa you’ll visit the stunning Sera and Jokhang Monasteries, as well as the UNESCO world heritage Potala Palace, complete with dreamy mountain backdrop. Continue your journey to Shigatse, Tibet’s second largest city, stopping on the way to admire the views of the piercingly blue Yamdrok Lake. The following day you’ll enjoy a stunning sunrise over Mount Everest, an undoubted highlight of this trip. Your last days in Tibet will be spent at the beautiful Namtso Lake, the largest salt lake in the region, and known in Mongolian as ‘heaven lake’… you’ll see why when you get there! Finish up your 13-day tour in Chengdu with a visit to the Giant Panda Breeding centre, a must for all animal lovers.
Discover Tibet’s most important monasteries
Watch the most incredible sunrise over Mount Everest
Admire the stunning Namtso & Yamdrok Lakes
Day 1 – Arrive Chengdu (D)
Day 2 – Chengdu (B,L,D)
Day 3 – Chengdu / Xining / Lhasa (B,L,D)
Day 4 – Lhasa (D)
Day 5 – Lhasa (B,L,D)
Day 6 – Lhasa / Gyantse / Shigatse (B,L,D)
Day 7 – Shigatse / Shegar / Rongbuk (B,L,D)
Day 8 – Rongbuk / Shegar / Shigatse (B,L,D)
Day 9 – Shigatse / Namtso Lake (B,L,D)
Day 10 – Namtso / Lhasa (B,L,D)
Day 11 – Lahsa / Chengdu (B,L,D)
Day 12 – Chengdu / Giant Panda Base (B,L,D)
Day 13 – Depart Chengdu (B)
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE TIBET TOUR
- Sharing a twin room at 3 & 4-star hotels and simple guesthouses
- 2x Flight tickets between Chengdu & Xining / Lhasa & Chengdu
- 1x Train ticket between Xining & Lhasa
- All transportation and overland tours
- Entrance fees for sightseeing
- English speaking guides in Chengdu & Xining + Tibetan English-speaking guide in Tibet
- Permits for Tibet tour
- Meals as mentioned in itinerary (B,L,D)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THE TIBET TOUR
- Sleeping bag (necessary for simple guesthouse accommodation)
- Visa fee for China
- Meals not mentioned
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal expenses
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on the Journey to Tibet Tour on payment of a deposit of £250.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
- International flights are not included and will need to be organised separately. Please do not book flights until we give the go-ahead. If you would like flight suggestions or help with booking, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Group Size Between 5 – 12
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Chinese Yuan / Spending £20 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our local guides will be your main point of contact throughout this trip.
Clothing Most of this trip will be spent at high altitudes so you will need to ensure you take strong sun protection with you, as well as factored lip-balm, good quality sunglasses and a hat to protect your head. Because you will be at such high altitudes, you will need to take warm clothing that can be easily removed if you get too hot. You can find a list of necessary items in our blog post for this trip.
Health Always seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse before you travel and make sure your vaccinations are up-to-date, especially when travelling to Asia. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations. Please note that the air quality in Chinese cities can be extremely polluted, if you suffer from asthma it’s worth speaking to your doctor about potential implications before you travel.
Single Supplement £299
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for China before your departure date.
If you’re thinking of travelling with us on our exciting upcoming Journey to Tibet trip, there’s a few things we think you should know before you go! From health to packing and everything in between, read on to find out everything you need to know before booking this...