Highlights of Laos
LAOS TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
Set in between Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar and China, land-locked Laos retains a uniqueness that is felt all through the country. Discover glittering Buddhist temples, breath-taking landscapes and most importantly of all, authenticity, in an area where most countries have felt the effects of mass tourism on their way of life. Join other solo travellers on our fabulous 8-day Highlights of Laos Tour. Start your tour in magical Luang Prabang, home to cascading waterfalls and caves filled with Buddhist statues, it is here that you will witness the morning alms giving ceremony; a famous Buddhist tradition involving hundreds of young monks every day. Travel to picturesque Vang Vieng and experience the most beautiful sunrise on the Nam Song River. And finally, stop off in the country’s capital, Vientiane, where old French villas have been transformed into stylish bakeries and restaurants – the perfect place to relax and end your Laos tour.
Watch the monks alms giving ceremony in Luang Prabang
Admire the beautiful landscapes from up high in Vang Vieng
Discover colonial architecture in the country’s capital, Vientiane
Day 1 – Arrive Luang Prabang (D)
Day 2 – Luang Prabang / Pak Ou Cave / Kuang Si Waterfalls (B, L)
Day 3 – Luang Prabang (B)
Day 4 – Luang Prabang / Xieng Khouang / Plain of Jars (B)
Day 5 – Xieng Khouang / Vang Vieng / Tham Jang Cave (B)
Day 6 – Vang Vieng / Vientiane (B)
Day 7 – Vientiane / Buddha Park (B)
Day 8 – Depart Vientiane
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE LAOS TOUR
- Sharing a twin room at 3-star hotels with breakfast
- Transportation in private vehicles
- Services of English-speaking local guides throughout
- Entrance fees to sites as mentioned in itinerary
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THE LAOS TOUR
- International flights
- All other meals, plus drinks
- Excursions or entrance fees during free time
- Tipping of guides and drivers
- Visa fees (around $35)
- Up to eight weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on the Highlights of Laos Tour on payment of a deposit of £150.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
- International flights are not included and will need to be organised separately. Please do not book flights until we give the go-ahead. If you would like flight suggestions or help with booking, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Group Size Between 5-12
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Lao Kip / Spending £20 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our local guides will be your main point of contact throughout the trip. They will meet you at the airport and stay with you for the duration of the tour. Our guides are very knowledgeable, if you need anything at all, just ask them!
Clothing Laos is an all-year-round destination, it’s generally hot and humid, so you will need light, loose-fitting clothing to keep cool. It does get colder in the evenings so it’s advisable to take a couple of layers. The temperatures also vary depending where you are in the country, as altitudes vary dramatically here. The rainy season is from May to late September, but downpours are generally short lived. Be prepared with a light rain jacket – you won’t need anything too thick, because despite the rain it remains warm. Take comfortable walking shoes as well as sandals, and don’t forget swimsuits if you want to go for a dip in the waterfalls!
Health Always seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse before you travel and make sure your vaccinations are up-to-date, especially when travelling to Asia. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations.
Single Supplement £199
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Laos before your departure date.