Galapagos Islands Adventure
GALAPAGOS TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
The Galapagos Islands, you’ve watched them on David Attenborough documentaries for years, teeming with wildlife and extraordinarily beautiful scenery. And now you can visit them for yourself! Travelling to these islands is a truly once in a lifetime experience, and with only 230,000 visitors a year, these magical islands remain one of the world’s best preserved destinations. On this trip we’ll be travelling to the islands of Santa Cruz, Floreana and Isabela. We’ll snorkel with the hopes of seeing and swimming with sea lions, turtles, reef sharks, marine iguanas and lots of tropical fish, we’ll do a gentle hike to the rim of the world’s second largest crater on the Sierra Negra volcano, we’ll kayak in the crystal clear waters these islands are famous for, and of course we’ll venture to the highlands to see the giant tortoises in their natural habitats, as well as learning about the breeding process at the Charles Darwin Research Centre. The Galapagos is one of the most magical places on earth, join us and see for yourself.
Endless snorkelling opportunities to get up close to the underwater wildlife
Hike the rim of the Sierra Negra – the world’s second largest crater
Watch the beautiful giant tortoises in breeding centres as well as their natural habitat
Once in a lifetime trip to an incredibly well-preserved part of the world
Day 1 – Arrive Quito
Day 2 – Quito
Day 3 – Quito / Isla Santa Cruz, Galapagos
Day 4 – Isla Santa Cruz, Galapagos
Day 5 – Isla Santa Cruz / Isla Floreana, Galapagos
Day 6 – Isla Floreana, Galapagos
Day 7 – Isla Floreana / Isla Isabela, Galapagos
Day 8 – Isla Isabela, Galapagos
Day 9 – Isla Isabela / Isla Santa Cruz, Galapagos
Day 10 – Isla Santa Cruz / Quito
Day 11 – Depart Quito
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- Sharing a twin room at 3-star hotels and guesthouses (please note that accommodation in the Galapagos is basic but always clean and comfortable)
- Transportation throughout (includes airport transfers if travelling on suggested flights)
- City tour of Quito
- All excursions as mentioned in itinerary
- Internal flights
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- International flights
- USD$100 per person Galapagos Islands Park Entry Fee (payable at the airport upon arrival to the park – must be paid in cash – funds go towards park maintenance, ecological study, conservation projects)
- USD$20 per person Transit Control Card (payable at the airport in Quito before boarding flight to the Galapagos)
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on payment of a deposit of £250.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 8 weeks before travel.
- International flights into and out of Ecuador are not included in the cost of the tour and will need to be organised separately. Please get in touch for recommended flights, and do not book anything until we give the go-ahead.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
Group Size Between 8 – 14
Physical Rating Active
Currency & Spending Money US Dollars / Spending £30 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our local guides will be your main point of contact throughout this trip. You will also be accompanied by one of our UK based representatives for the duration of your tour.
Clothing The weather will be very hot in the day with temperatures reaching 30° at very high humidity (the Galapagos lie on the equator!) so make sure you pack plenty of light, loose-fitting clothes. Please also bring closed shoes as well as sandals as there will be a number of places visited that require trainers or hiking boots.
Other Useful Items A torch, mosquito repellent, eco-friendly shampoo and soap, sunscreen, a hat, a micro-fibre towel, long-sleeved tops and light trousers for the evenings, binoculars, good camera with a long lens, long-sleeved swimming items to protect you from the sun whilst snorkelling.
Health Quito is located 2850m above sea level, which can cause problems with altitude sickness. Remember to stay hydrated. The Galapagos Islands are located on the equator, so year round the sun is strong and the weather is humid. You will need to wear a hat and sunglasses at all times to protect yourselves. We also recommend you seek medical advice from your local GP or travel nurse a minimum of 8 weeks before departure and make sure your vaccinations are up to date. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations. This will also allow time for you to have any inoculations that you may require.
Single Supplement £459
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Ecuador and the Galapagos before your departure date.