Highlights of Bulgaria
BULGARIA TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
Explore Europe’s 2019 Capital of Culture, marvel at the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, and visit Bulgaria’s largest and most impressive monastery on this wonderful 5-day Bulgaria Tour. Begin your journey in the country’s laid-back capital, Sofia. Known for its thousand-year-old churches and east-meets-west atmosphere, you won’t be short of places to explore here. Next, take a trip to the incredible Rila Monastery, high in the mountains, and admire its beautifully decorated exterior. Your final stop will be Plovdiv, the European Capital of Culture for 2019. Enjoy this pretty little city, home to many artists, a recently discovered Roman Amphitheatre, and a whole load of cute bars and cafes.
Price from: £499.00
4 May 2018 – 8 May 2018
Day 1 – Arrive Sofia
Upon arrival to Sofia, proceed to your hotel for check-in. After lunch you will begin a short sightseeing tour of Sofia to include UNESCO’s World Heritage listed Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. Dinner will be arranged at a local restaurant for the evening. Overnight in Sofia.
Day 2 – Sofia Sightseeing Tour
After breakfast at the hotel, you will begin a full day sightseeing tour. This will include a trip to the National Museum, the UNESCO World Heritage listed Boyana Church, St. George’s Rotunda, and many other interesting places in Sofia. Dinner will be arranged for the evening. Overnight in Sofia.
Day 3 – Rila Monastery / Plovdiv
After breakfast at the hotel in Sofia, you will be making your way to the Rila Monastery, the most impressive monastery in Bulgaria. Afterwards, you will have lunch at one of the local restaurants along the river – where the trout is very good! Continue your journey to Plovdiv, where you will spend the night.
Day 4 – Plovdiv
After breakfast we will take a short drive to the 11th century Bachkovo Monastery, a peaceful monastery in the hills. After lunch, you will return to Plovdiv for a sightseeing tour which will include the Old Quarter, and the recently discovered Roman Amphitheatre. Dinner will be arranged for you last night in Plovdiv.
Day 5 – Depart Sofia
After breakfast at the hotel in Plovdiv, you will be driven back to Sofia in order to catch flights home.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE BULGARIA TOUR
- Sharing a twin room at 3* hotels with breakfast
- All transportation in private vehicles (excludes airport transfers)
- Guided tours of Sofia & Plovdiv
- Tour of Rila Monastery
- If travelling from the UK, please get in touch to check if flights included in our offer price
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on this Bulgaria Tour on payment of a deposit of £150.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- International flights are not included in the Bulgaria tour and will need to be booked separately. Please get in touch if you would like flight suggestions or need help with booking. Do not book flights until we have confirmed you space on the tour given the go-ahead.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
Trip Type Cultural
Group Size Between 12-16
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Bulgarian Lev / Spending £20 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our hosts will meet you at the airport before departure, and will be your main point of contact throughout the trip. Our hosts will organise dinners and anything else you might need, to ensure you have the best holiday.
Clothing The weather will be warm at this time of year – but it is always wise to take a rain jacket and layers as it will be chillier up in the mountains at the Rila Monastery.
Health You shouldn’t need any inoculations for travel to Bulgaria, but it’s always good to seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse before your departure date and make sure your vaccinations are up to date. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations.
Single Supplement £140
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Bulgaria before your departure date.
Planning where to go is never easy with such an abundance of beautiful and tempting places to choose from. And with ‘worlds-best-destination-ever-don’t-miss-go-now’ lists coming at us every day it can get even more difficult to pick a place (and let’s not even talk...read more
Hey Solo Travellers, check out these photos from our most recent trip to Bulgaria. We started in the country's capital, Sofia, visited the Rila Monastery high in the mountains, and ended our 5-day trip in the arty city of Plovdiv. Take a look. The incredible Alexander...read more