Best of Bolivia Tour
BOLIVIA TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
Wander the old colonial streets in pretty Sucre, discover the bustling markets in the de facto capital La Paz, and marvel at the stunning natural landscape of Uyuni’s salt flats – the largest in the world. Join other solo travellers on this adventure through South America’s most intriguing country, where natural beauty abounds. We’ll travel to the old colonial city of Sucre; whose historical centre is a UNESCO world heritage site. We’ll stay in the famous Hotel Palacio de Sal before venturing out to discover the world’s largest salt flat; Salar de Uyuni. And finally we’ll explore La Paz, a collision of cultures at high altitude, full to the brim with local artists and young chefs breathing new life into this old city.
Discover the UNESCO World Heritage town of Sucre
Spend a night in the Hotel Palacio de Sal
Explore the bustling de facto capital of La Paz
Day 1 – Arrive La Paz
Day 2 – La Paz / Sucre
Day 3 – Sucre
Day 4 – Sucre / Uyuni
Day 5 – Uyuni
Day 6 – Uyuni / La Paz
Day 7 – La Paz
Day 8 – Depart La Paz
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE BOLIVIA TOUR
• 1x Domestic flight between La Paz & Sucre
• All transportation during the trip (excludes airport transfers)
• 4×4 Excursion to Salar de Uyuni
• Overnight bus from Uyuni to La Paz
• English-speaking local guides throughout
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THE BOLIVIA TOUR
- International flights
- Airport transfers
- Lunches & Dinners
- Tipping of guides & drivers
- Travel Insurance
- Up to eight weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on our Best of Bolivia tour on payment of a deposit of £250.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 8 weeks before travel.
- International flights into and out of Bolivia are not included in the cost of the tour and will need to be organised separately. Please get in touch for recommended flights, and do not book anything until we give the go-ahead.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
Group Size Between 5-12
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Bolivian Boliviano / Spending £35 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our local guides will be your main point of contact throughout this trip. They will meet you at the hotel at the start of the tour and be with you throughout your journey, take you for dinners and answer any questions about the trip or their country!
Clothing The weather will be warm and sunny at this time of year, but as with anywhere at altitude, the temperatures will drop in the evenings so it’s advised to take both warm and cold weather clothing. You will need comfortable walking shoes or trainers and adequate sun protection – being up that high means the sun is much stronger and you are more likely to burn.
Health Please seek medical advice from your local GP or travel nurse a minimum of 8 weeks before departure and make sure your vaccinations are up to date. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations. This will also allow time for you to have any inoculations that you may require.
Single Supplement £349
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Bolivia before your departure date.