Beautiful Bergen & The Fjords of Norway
BERGEN TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
Surrounded by marvellous mountains and famous fjords, the city of Bergen is a place of real beauty. Join other Solo Travellers on this long weekend in one of Norway’s most picturesque destinations. Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Bryggen, full of old cobbled streets and colourful wooden houses along the waterfront. Take the Fløibanen Funicular to the top of one of Bergen’s many hills for spectacular views over the city. And of course, journey through the awe-inspiring Fjords of Norway by boat. This incredible city is also known for its local food and art scenes – hungry culture vultures rejoice!
Price from: £749.00
24 Aug – 27 Aug 2018
24 May – 27 May 2019
Day 1 – Arrive Bergen
Upon arrival in Bergen, proceed to the hotel for check-in. After you have checked-in you will begin a 3-hour city tour of beautiful Bergen. Please arrive at the hotel before 4pm in order to join the tour. You will begin your tour at the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Bryggen, with its brightly painted houses on the water front, and work your way along old cobbled streets, passed old wooden houses to the Bergen Fortress area. If you have anything in particular that you want to see, the guide will tailor the tour to suit your interests. Dinner will be arranged for the evening.
Day 2 – Bergen & The Fjords
After breakfast at the hotel, you will be taken on a full-day tour of Bergen’s surrounding area, to experience Norway’s beautiful fjord scenery. From Bergen, you will catch an early train to the traditional village of Voss, from here, you will take a bus to the popular village of Gudvangen, and then marvel at the incredible landscape as you are taken by boat to Flåm, home to the Flåm-Railway and Museum. In the afternoon, you will take the Flåm-Railway to Myrdal before finally catching the train back to Bergen. Dinner will be arranged for the evening.
Day 3 – Bergen
After breakfast at the hotel, you will have the rest of the day at leisure. We recommend taking the Fløibanen Funicular to the top of Mount Fløyen, where you will have spectacular views of the city. This is also the area where many of the hiking trails start. Dinner will be arranged for your last night in Bergen.
Day 4 – Depart Bergen
After breakfast, proceed to the airport for international flights.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE BERGEN & FJORDS OF NORWAY TOUR
- Sharing a twin room on a bed and breakfast basis at a three-star hotel
- City tour of Bergen
- Full-day round-trip Fjord Cruise from Bergen
- Transportation throughout trip (excludes airport transfers)
- If travelling from the UK, please get in touch to check if flights included in our offer price
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved for the Bergen & Fjords of Norway trip on payment of a deposit of £150.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
- Flights are not included and will need to be booked separately. Please get in touch for suggested flights or if you would like help with booking. Please do not book flights until we have given the go-ahead to do so.
Trip Type Natural Wonder / City Break
Group Size Between 12-16
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Norwegian Krone / Spending £40 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our hosts will meet you at the airport before departure, and will be your main point of contact throughout the trip. Our hosts will organise dinners and anything else you might need, to ensure you have the best holiday.
Clothing Even if you are travelling during the summer months, take warm clothes with you as well as summery things – it is Norway after all, and it does get chilly on the boat trip through the fjords. We also advise comfortable walking shoes and a light rain jacket or umbrella. If you intend on going hiking, make sure you have a hat and adequate sun protection, as despite the temperature, the sun can still be quite strong – even through the clouds.
Health You shouldn’t need any inoculations for travel in Norway, but it’s always good to seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse before you travel and make sure your vaccinations are up to date. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations.
Single Supplement £150
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Norway before your departure date.
Find out more about this exciting country and all that it has to offer!