Highlights of Ancient Greece
ANCIENT GREECE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
Join other solo travellers on our 6-day Highlights of Ancient Greece tour and discover the impressive ruins and stunning architecture of mainland Greece. Start your trip in Athens, home of the first modern Olympic games and the other-worldly citadel of Acropolis, towering over the modern city below. Travel north to Thessaloniki, the second largest city in the country, a port town filled with history and culture as well as delicious cuisine and brilliant views of the Aegean Sea. The next stop on your tour will be at the miraculous Meteora, where ancient monasteries sit perched atop giant rocks. And finally, we’ll travel to Delphi, known previously as the ‘Navel of the World’, to admire the Temples of Apollo, one of Greece’s most important archaeological sites. Finish your tour where you started in the country’s capital, Athens.
Visit Delphi, the ancient ‘Navel of the World’
Explore the Greek port city of Thessaloniki
Discover the Acropolis of Athens
Day 1 – Arrive Athens
Day 2 – Athens / Thessaloniki
Day 3 – Thessaloniki / Kalambaka
Day 4 – Kalambaka / Meteora / Delphi
Day 5 – Delphi / Athens
Day 6 – Depart Athens
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE ANCIENT GREECE TOUR
- Sharing a room at 3-star hotels with breakfast
- All tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- Transportation in private vehicles (excludes airport transfers
- English speaking local guide for all tours
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THE ANCIENT GREECE TOUR
- International flights
- Airport transfers
- All lunches & dinners
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Travel Insurance
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on the Ancient Greece tour on payment of a deposit of £150.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- International flights into and out of Athens are not included in the cost of the tour and will need to be organised separately. Please get in touch for recommended flights, and do not book anything until we give the go-ahead.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
Group Size Between 5-16
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Euros / Spending £30 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our UK based hosts will accompany you on this trip. Our hosts will organise group meals and help with anything else you may be interested in seeing. You will also have experienced local guides for the city tours; if you need insider knowledge – these are the guys to ask!
Clothing The weather will be hot during the day but cooler in the evenings, so make sure you pack plenty of light, loose-fitting clothes as well as layers for later on. Please also bring comfortable footwear as there will be a lot of walking around whilst sightseeing.
Health You shouldn’t require any vaccinations for travel to Greece but it’s advisable to always seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse before you travel and make sure your vaccinations are up-to-date. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations.
Single Supplement £259
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Greece before your departure date.