Weekend in Riga, Latvia
Come and explore Latvia’s cultural capital with other Solo Travellers on our Riga Tour, the perfect weekend city break. Known for its medieval old town and exquisite art nouveau structures, Riga is great for travellers seeking baltic history. And with Jurmala just a short drive from the capital, those who prefer a more relaxed break can enjoy the stunning white-sand beaches of this Latvian coastal town.
Price from: £359.00
New Dates to be Confirmed…
Day 1 – Arrive Riga
Upon arrival you will be transferred to the hotel. A late dinner will be arranged for the first night of your Riga Tour.
Day 2 – Riga Sightseeing
After breakfast at the hotel, you will be taken on a walking tour of Riga, starting in the old town. You will explore sights such as St Peter’s Church, the Riga Dome Square, Riga Cathedral and the Town Hall Square. Take a step back in time as you visit Skarnu Street and Covent’s Yard, where the Castle of Sword-Bearers Order stood in the 13th century. There will also be plenty of time to see the National Opera House, Livu Square, Cat’s House, and ‘The Three Brothers’ ensemble. You will then have the afternoon free to explore the city further. Dinner will be arranged at a traditional restaurant for the evening.
Day 3 – Jurmala / Depart Riga
After breakfast at the hotel, you will set off to the seaside town of Jurmala, home to numerous spas and plenty of things to see. An early dinner will be arranged for the evening. You will then be transferred to Riga Airport for your international flight.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE RIGA TOUR
- Based on sharing a twin room at a 3-star hotel with breakfast
- Return flights from Stansted with Ryanair
- Airport transfers
- Transportation throughout trip
- City tour of Riga
- Excursion to Jurmala
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved for the Riga Tour on payment of a deposit of £100.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
Trip Type Cultural
Group Size Between 12-16
Physical Rating Easy
Currency & Spending Money Euros / Spending £20 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our hosts will meet you at the airport before departure, and will be your main point of contact throughout the trip. Our hosts will organise dinners and anything else you might need, to ensure you have the best holiday.
Clothing We recommend taking layers on this trip, the days can be warm and the nights a little chilly. Always make sure you have comfortable walking shoes with you too.
Health Always seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse before you travel.
Baggage Allowance 1x Hand Baggage (10kg), 1x Small Hand Bag
Find out more about this exciting Country and all that it has to offer!
We have a variety of Top Up Activities to choose from to make the most out of your travels. Your tour doesn’t have to end!