Amazing 7-night Highlights of Jordan Tour
Get a taste of the Middle East on this amazing 7-night Highlights of Jordan tour. Join other Solo Travellers in the cosmopolitan capital, Amman, discover the ancient Roman ruins of Jerash, visit the spectacular sights of Wadi Rum as you race through the desert by jeep, and relax and enjoy the sun and sea breeze in the beautiful holiday town of Aqaba. And of course, no visit to Jordan would be complete without a trip to the historical city of Petra, so admire the views and discover the history of this ancient sandstone city.
Price from: £799.00
12 May 2018 – 19 May 2018
04 Aug 2018 – 11 Aug 2018
06 Oct 2018 – 13 Oct 2018
Day 1 – Arrive Amman
Arrive and check-in to your hotel. Your local guide will meet you there. Dinner will be arranged for the evening. Overnight in Amman.
Day 2 – Amman / Jerash
After breakfast at the hotel, you will begin a full day tour to the well-preserved Greco-Roman city of Jerash, also known as the Pompeii of the east. Whilst here you will visit the Hippodrome, the Oval Colonnade Piazza, the Temples of Artemis and Zeus, and the South Theatre. From here, you will continue your journey to the Dead Sea, where you can relax in its mineral-enriched, healing waters. Overnight in Amman.
Day 3 – Madaba / Mount Nebo / Kerak / Petra
After breakfast, you will begin your journey to Madaba, an ancient town known for its famous mosaic floor in the Greek Orthodox church of St. George. From here, you will continue to Mount Nebo, where, on a clear day, you have views of the Jordan Valley and the Dead Sea. The next stop today will be to Kerak Castle, a large crusader castle dating back to 1140. Overnight in Petra.
Day 4 – Petra
Today you will visit one of the Seven Wonders of the World; the Rose City of Petra. Walking through its canyon, you will witness the amazing sites of the Treasury, the City Centre, the Royal Tomb, the High Place of Sacrifice and the Roman Soldiers Tombs. Overnight in Petra.
Day 5 – Petra / Wadi Rum / Aqaba
After breakfast at the hotel, you will depart for the Arabian Desert; Wadi Rum. The Wadi Rum desert is like a moonscape of ancient valleys and towering weathered sandstone mountains, rising out of white and pink coloured sands. You will then leave the desert behind and travel on to Aqaba.
Day 6 – Aqaba
The main attraction in Aqaba is the sea, so today you will be able to partake in activities such as snorkelling, diving, jet skiing, etc. The Red Sea has many things to offer, so even if you don’t want to get in it, you can enjoy a sunset on a cruise boat or watch the underwater life from a glass-bottom boat. Overnight in Aqaba.
Day 7 – Aqaba / Amman
Today you will have some free time in the morning to further explore Aqaba, and in the afternoon, you will be transferred back to Amman, where you will spend the night.
Day 8 – Depart Amman
You have come to the end of your highlights of Jordan tour, and will be transferred back to the airport for international flights.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE JORDAN TOUR
- Sharing a twin room at 3-star hotels with breakfast (single supplement £165)
- Private tours with an English-speaking guide
- All transportation in air-conditioned vehicles
- Single entrance fee to all applicable tourist sites
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on this highlights of Jordan tour on payment of a deposit of £100.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
- Flights are not included in the price of the tour and will need to be organised separately. Please get in touch for recommended flights and do not book until we have given the go-ahead. Please also get in touch if you would like help with booking.
Trip Type Discover
Group Size Maximum 12
Physical Rating Easy
Currency & Spending Money Jordanian Dinar / Spending £20 and upwards each day
Hosts One of local guides will be your main point of contact throughout this trip and will stay with you throughout.
Clothing The best time to visit Jordan is between May and October when temperatures are high and rainfall is low, so pack summer clothes, comfortable shoes and swimsuits for bathing in the Dead Sea!
Health Always seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse at least 8 weeks before your scheduled departure date and make sure your vaccinations are up to date. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations.
Single Supplement £249
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Jordan before your departure date.