Iceland Tour Winter Adventure
ICELAND TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
Whether it’s the breathtaking scenery, the crystal clear air, or a dip in the Blue Lagoon that’s drawing you to this beautiful country, our Iceland tour is perfect for all Solo Travellers. Join us on this amazing 5-day trip to the cool capital city, Reykjavik. We will visit Iceland’s most stunning sights on our Golden Circle tour, including the Geysir geothermal area, the Gullfoss waterfall and the UNESCO Thingvellir National Park. As well as a trip to the Blue Lagoon and a chance to see the amazing Northern Lights.
Prices from: £799.00
15 Nov 2018 – 19 Nov 2018
Day 1 – Arrive Reykjavik
Upon arrival at Keflavik International Airport you will take the FlyBus to Reykjavik and head to your hotel to get checked-in. You will then begin your tour of the beautiful city of Reykjavik at around 4.30pm. Dinner will be arranged at a typical Icelandic restaurant in the evening.
Day 2 – Golden Circle Tour
After breakfast you will begin the tour of the Golden Circle. Start by taking in the spectacular views at Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, renowned for its breath-taking, unique scenery. You will continue on to the Geysir Geothermal Area, where the infamous Strokkur Geysir spouts metres of steam high into the fresh Icelandic air. Lastly, you will stop at the beautiful Gullfoss Waterfall, before heading back to Reykjavik for dinner.
Day 3 – Reykjavik / Blue Lagoon / Northern Lights
After breakfast you will have the day free to explore the city. An early evening transfer will take you to the miraculous Blue Lagoon, set in an ancient lava field, you can soak in the geothermal pools till your heart’s content. On your way back to the city, you will have a chance to see the Northern Lights (weather permitting).
Day 4 – Reykjavik / Free Day
After breakfast, you will have a day at leisure for optional activities such as Whale Watching, Ice Climbing and Super Jeep Journeys. Dinner will be arranged for your last night in Reykjavik.
Day 5 – Depart Reykjavik
After breakfast you will take the FlyBus from Reykjavik to Keflavik Airport for international flights.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE ICELAND TOUR
- Sharing a twin room at a three star hotel with breakfast
- FlyBus tickets from Keflavik Airport to Reykjavik and back
- Reykjavik City Tour
- Golden Circle Tour
- Entry to the Blue Lagoon
- Northern Lights Excursion
- If travelling from the UK, please get in touch to check if flights included in our offer price
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved for the Iceland Tour on payment of a deposit of £150.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Flights are not included in the cost of this trip and will need to be booked separately. Please do not book flights until we have given the go-ahead. Feel free to ask us if you need any help with booking.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
Trip Type Natural Wonder
Group Size Between 12 – 16
Physical Rating Relaxed
Currency & Spending Money Icelandic Krona / Spending £50 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our hosts will meet you at the airport before departure, and will be your main point of contact throughout the trip. Our hosts will organise dinners and anything else you might need, to ensure you have the best holiday.
Clothing Be advised that temperatures will reach below freezing on these trips, so you will need lots of layers and sensible, waterproof shoes. Please see our blog post What Should I Take: Iceland for more information.
Health You shouldn’t need any inoculations for travel to Iceland, but it’s always good to seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse before you travel and make sure your vaccinations are up to date. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations.
Single Supplement £199
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Iceland before your departure date.
Optional Activities You will have time for doing optional activities such as glacier hiking, whale watching, etc on days 3 and 4 so please book these here through Extreme Iceland.