Explore the very best of Georgia, the birthplace of wine, with churches and fortresses scattered amidst the stunning scenery, and locals so welcoming you’d think you were one of the family. Join other Solo Travellers as you travel through one of Eurasia’s most beautiful countries on this amazing 6-day Georgia Highlights Tour. Admire ancient architecture as you travel through the countryside and explore the spruced up city of Tbilisi – making sure you pay a visit to the Narikala Fortress, from where this picturesque capital can really be appreciated.
Price from: £599.00
31 May 2018 – 5 Jun 2018
4 Oct 2018 – 9 Oct 2018
Day 1 - Arrive Tbilisi
Upon arrival, proceed to your hotel for check-in. Overnight in Tbilisi.
Day 2 - Tbilisi
After breakfast, you will begin your city tour of Tbilisi. Starting at the Sameba Cathedral, the city’s main cathedral, heading to Meteki Church, set in the historic neighbourhood of Meteki, from here you will take the cable car to the Narikala Fortress, which dominates the old towns skyline. Expect amazing views over the capital from the top. You will also visit Abanotubani, Peace Bridge, Rike Park and wander down the old town streets. Overnight in Tbilisi.
Day 3 – Tbilisi / Kakheti
After breakfast, we will drive to the Kakheti Region, ‘the cradle of wine’. We will visit a local wine house in the Kakheti Village, where you will not only learn about the history of Georgian wine, but also the process. We will also participate in a Kakhetian bread-making masterclass, where you will learn to make traditional Georgian sweets known as ‘churchkhela’. You will also be tasting some of the local wines and have a traditional lunch made from fresh local produce. After lunch, we will head to Sighnaghi, a small but amazing town, surrounded by the beautiful Alazani Valley. Dinner will be back in Tbilisi at a local Georgian restaurant with folk dancing and music. Overnight in Tbilisi.
Day 4 – Tbilisi / Jvari / Kazbegi / Tbilisi
After breakfast, we will be driving up into the mountains, stopping on the way to visit the Jvari Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site located at the top of a hill with spectacular views of two rivers below; the Mtkvari and Aragvi. Our next stop will be at the Zhinvali Water Dam to enjoy more amazing views and visit the Ananuri Castle Complex. From here, we will travel to Kazbegi, where we will go by Jeep to visit the highlight of the Kazbegi region; the Gergeti Church. In the evening, we will head back to Tbilisi, where you will spend the night.
Day 5 – Tbilisi / Mtksheta / Tbilisi
After breakfast, we will drive to Mtksheta, a UNESCO world heritage site and the ancient capital of the Georgian Iberian Kingdom. Overnight in Tbilisi.
Day 6 - Depart Tbilisi
After breakfast, you will check-out of the hotel and transfer to the airport for international flights home.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE GEORGIA HIGHLIGHTS TOUR
- Sharing a twin room at a 3-star hotel with breakfast
- All transportation in comfortable, private mini-buses
- Airport transfers if arriving on recommended flights
- English-speaking guide throughout
- Entrance fees to museums and historical sites
- Bottled drinking water
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THE GEORGIA HIGHLIGHTS TOUR
- International flights
- Tips & personal expenses
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on the Georgia Highlights tour on payment of a deposit of £150.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
- International flights are not included and will need to be organised separately. Please do not book flights until we give the go-ahead. If you would like flight suggestions or help with booking, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Trip Type Cultural
Group Size Between 12-16
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Georgian Irai / Spending £25 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our local guides will be your main point of contact throughout this trip.
Clothing The weather in Georgia during the summer months will be hot and sometimes humid. You will need comfortable walking shoes and adequate sun protection. Light, loose-fitting clothing is recommended. We also suggest carrying a light rain jacket with you for occasional downpours.
Health Always seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse before you travel and make sure your vaccinations are up-to-date. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations.
Single Supplement £175
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Georgia before your departure date.