East meets West in Istanbul
Join other Solo Travellers in opulent Istanbul, where east meets west, and you meet one of the most culturally rich cities on the planet. Home to the world’s most beautiful skyline, Istanbul is steeped in history, for this was the city that linked Asia with Europe along the legendary Silk Road. The diverse (and delicious) culinary scene in Istanbul is enough to get anyone’s taste buds tingling, whilst the cities prevalent art and architectural delights are more of a feast for the eyes. Whatever you’re after, Istanbul has something for all solo travellers, so join us on this incredible adventure of intrigue through the world’s most unique city.
Price from: £599.00
24 May 2018 – 28 May 2018
29 Sept 2018 – 3 Oct 2018
Day 1 – Arrive Istanbul
Upon arrival, proceed to your hotel for check-in. Dinner will be arranged at a traditional restaurant for the evening. Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 2 – Istanbul City Tour
After breakfast at the hotel, you will begin your city tour of Istanbul. The tour will include visits to the following places: The Hippodrome, the former centre of sportive and political activities of Constantinople and where you will be able to see the obelisk from Egypt, the serpentine column from Delhi and the fountain of Wilhelm II. The Blue Mosque, one of the biggest mosques in Istanbul from the 17th century. St. Sophia, the magnificent byzantine church which is considered to be one of the finest and largest architectural works in the world. Topkapi Palace Museum, the former imperial residence from where the great Ottoman Empire was ruled. And finally, the Grand Bazaar to pick up some souvenirs. Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 3 – Istanbul Sightseeing
After breakfast, you will continue sightseeing in this wonderful city. Today you will visit the Suleymaniye Imperial Mosque, built in the 1500’s to out-do the builders of St. Sophia, the Eyup Mosque, the holiest mosque in all of Istanbul, and finally the Ancient City Walls. Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 4 – Istanbul Sightseeing Continued
After breakfast at the hotel, you will take a trip to the cities Spice Market, before embarking on the Bosphorus Cruise. Taking the ferry from Eminonu, you will leisurely sail passed the baroque 19th century houses, the beautiful old wooden houses, the Rumeli Hisar and Anadolu Hisar fortresses, and under the Bosphorus Bridge. You will then visit the area of Beyoglu, a district located on the European side of Turkey and separated from the old city by the Golden Horn. Beyoglu has the most active art, entertainment and nightlife scene in Istanbul, making it one of the most popular areas in the city. Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 5 – Depart Istanbul
After breakfast, you will have the day at leisure until you need to depart Istanbul for international flights home.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE ISTANBUL TOUR
- Sharing a twin room at a 3-star hotel with breakfast
- Services of an English-speaking local guide during tours
- All tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- If travelling from the UK, please get in touch to check if flights included in our offer price
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved on the Istanbul tour on payment of a deposit of £150.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Flights are not included in the price and will need to be booked separately. Please get in touch for recommended flights, and do not book anything until we have confirmed your place on the trip and given the go-ahead.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
Trip Type Cultural
Group Size Between 12-16
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Turkish Lira / Spending £40 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our hosts will meet you at the airport before departure, and will be your main point of contact throughout the trip. Our hosts will organise dinners and anything else you might need, to ensure you have the best holiday.
Clothing The weather in Istanbul will be very warm during the day but can get chillier and night, so pack layers. You will also need comfortable shoes as there will be quite a bit of walking involved.
Health Always seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse a minimum of 8 weeks before your departure date and make sure your vaccinations are up to date. Remember that your travel insurance may not cover you if you do not have up-to-date vaccinations.
Single Supplement £175
Travel Advice We highly recommend that you read the foreign travel advice for Turkey before your departure date.