Beautiful Bergen & The Fjords of Norway
Surrounded by marvellous mountains and famous fjords, the city of Bergen is a place of real beauty. Join other Solo Travellers on this long weekend in one of Norway’s most picturesque destinations. Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Bryggen, full of old cobbled streets and colourful wooden houses along the waterfront. Take the Fløibanen Funicular to the top of one of Bergen’s many hills for spectacular views over the city. And of course, journey through the awe-inspiring Fjords of Norway by boat. This incredible city is also known for its local food and art scenes – hungry culture vultures rejoice!
Price from: £749.00
25 Aug 2017 – 28 Aug 2017
Day 1 – Arrive Bergen
Upon arrival in Bergen, you will be transferred to the hotel for check-in. After you have checked-in you will begin a 3-hour city tour of beautiful Bergen. You will start at the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Bryggen, with its brightly painted houses on the water front, and work your way along old cobbled streets, passed old wooden houses to the Bergen Fortress area. If you have anything in particular that you want to see, the guide will tailor the tour to suit your interests. After lunch, there is the OPTIONAL trip to Fløibanen Funicular, where you will have spectacular views of the city. Dinner will be arranged for the evening.
Day 2 – Bergen & The Fjords
After breakfast at the hotel, you will be taken on a full-day tour of Bergen’s surrounding area, to experience Norway’s beautiful fjord scenery. From Bergen, you will catch an early train to the traditional village of Voss, from here, you will take a bus to the popular village of Gudvangen, and then marvel at the incredible landscape as you are taken by boat to Flåm, home to the Flåm-Railway and Museum. In the afternoon, you will take the Flåm-Railway to Myrdal before finally catching the train back to Bergen. Dinner will be arranged for the evening.
Day 3 – Bergen
After breakfast at the hotel, you will have the rest of the day at leisure. Dinner will be arranged for your last night in Bergen.
Day 4 – Depart Bergen
After breakfast you will be transferred back to the airport for international flights.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE BERGEN & FJORDS OF NORWAY TOUR
- Sharing a twin room on a bed and breakfast basis at a three-star hotel (single supplement £150)
- City tour of Bergen
- Full-day round-trip Fjord Cruise from Bergen
- Transportation throughout trip
- Up to six weeks before departure, a place can be reserved for the Bergen & Fjords of Norway trip on payment of a deposit of £100.00, after this date it would be the full amount of the trip.
- Click the book now button and fill in the details and tick the box confirming you accept booking conditions.
- The outstanding balance is due 6 weeks before travel.
- Please ensure you have checked visa requirements. Get in touch if you are unsure.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance, as this is mandatory for all trips.
- Flights are not included and will need to be booked separately. Please get in touch for suggested flights or if you would like help with booking. Please do not book flights until we have given the go-ahead to do so.
Trip Type Natural Wonder / City Break
Group Size Between 12-16
Physical Rating Moderate
Currency & Spending Money Norwegian Krone / Spending £40 and upwards per day
Hosts One of our hosts will meet you at the airport before departure, and will be your main point of contact throughout the trip. Our hosts will organise dinners and anything else you might need, to ensure you have the best holiday.
Clothing Take warm clothes with you – it is Norway after all. We also advise comfortable walking shoes.
Health Always seek medical advice from your doctor or travel nurse before you travel.
Single Supplement £145
Find out more about this exciting Country and all that it has to offer!
We have a variety of Top Up Activities to choose from to make the most out of your travels. Your tour doesn’t have to end!